A Letter to the Little One

21:35

Dear little girl,

You haven't arrived with us yet, and aren't due to for a good couple of months, but I wanted to write you this little letter for you and me to look back at when you are older.

I simply cannot express just how excited I am to have you in my life.

I must admit have never been particularly maternal towards other people's children and am the kind of person to be scared to hold someone's newborn for fear of dropping them or doing something wrong. This lack of maternal instinct has always had me slightly worried in case I wasn't fit to care for a child.

However over the past 7(ish) months that I have held you in my body, feeling you kick my insides with your tiny feet and sharing literally everything with you, the connection and love that I feel for you has grown each and every day. You are only a bump and yet I want to protect you from anything that may harm you and give you the best life I possibly can.

I know that times may not always be good, and things will not always go just how we had planned them to, but I hope that I can give you all of the love you need and provide you with a childhood that you can look back on and smile about.

I am looking forward to spending that precious time with you in the middle of the night, when it's just you and me and I am everything you need. I am looking forward to the times we will share together, watching films and cuddling up on the sofa as a family when you're that bit older. I am looking forward to watching you grow up into a young lady and eventually an adult, even if it does mean that you will drift away from me and create your own life.

I am looking forward to never being alone (though granted I may not always feel this way, especially when trying to have a moments peace in the toilet!) and to helping you learn everything from scratch.

In short, I am looking forward to you making our little family complete.

I've just got to wait a few months yet for that to happen. 2015 is going to be a pretty spectacular year for me, I think.

Lots of love,

Your mummy x

You Might Also Like

0 comments