Avoiding the stir crazy

21:33


You would think that, now it is coming up to Christmas (so close, eeee!), I would be busy all of the time buying and wrapping presents, getting the house ready and enjoying all of the Christmas events going on around the local area.

But, actually, you couldn't be further from the truth. My presents are all bought and I have a babysitter lined up on Friday to get all of my Christmas wrapping done, the house is being blitzed next week ready for the big day and the Christmas events in the area (that I can get to) are few and far between. Though I have to admit, I am looking forward to Santa coming round the village on his sleigh so I can take Bo out to see him.

As a result, I have found myself going a little stir crazy - dying to get out of the house and do something other than housework or sit on the floor with my baby girl. And, in turn, this has affected my motivation to get on with other things or go out to new places, meaning that I'm spending even more time in the house doing very little and therefore getting myself into a big vicious circle in which I just become more and more stir crazy and less and less motivated. 

So, today, I have decided that I am going to kick stir crazy's butt by, hopefully, implementing the following three steps.

1. Keep the diary as busy as possible. 
Whether meeting up with other family members, visiting the local baby and toddler group or even just nipping to a coffee shop to have a quiet cuppa by myself whilst the baby naps, I am going to try and cram that diary full of things so that I rarely have a day where I am doing nothing.

On the other side of this, I am also going to make sure that I don't try to cram too much in on one day or I could end up feeling rushed and exhausted, as well as potentially throwing baby off her everyday schedule.

2. Just get on with it.
One of my biggest problems when I am at the height of stir-craziness, is actually motivating myself to go and do the thing that I have booked in to the diary for that day and not just cancelling.

So, instead of allowing myself to talk myself out of things, I am resolving to just do whatever I have booked in to the calendar, as though they are non negotiable. The only thing that should stop me going is if I don't enjoy myself when I'm actually there doing the activity.

3. Find new places
I find that if I keep going to the same places, week after week, day after day, then at some point I am pretty much guaranteed to get bored of that place.

Therefore, I am going to make it my mission to explore my local area and find as many new places and activities as I can. That way, when I get a little bored of one place, we can go to a different one - keeping things fresh and interesting on a day to day basis.


I hope by putting these three ideas into action, it will help keep myself busy, entertained and happy, avoiding the boredom and the stir crazy.

Do you ever find yourself getting a bit stir crazy when you spend a lot of time at home? Or do you lack motivation to get out and about on a day to day basis? What do you do to get yourself out there and keep yourself sane?

Please let me know in the comments!


I have linked this post up on the Post Comment Love linkup on the VeViVos blog. Check it out here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments