The Results Are In...

19:56

 
The results are in, we have been for that all important 20 week scan and I am very happy to report that we are having...

...A BABY BOY! 

That's right, Bo is going to have a little brother and I am going to have a son. I've got to admit, that sounds a little strange - I am so used to saying that I have a daughter now that a son is completely new to me!

So about the scan...

It was actually really special to be able to see every little body part of the baby, especially things like the face and his little feet, and seeing the spine on the monitor was fascinating. 

When we went for our second scan with Bo, we were left clueless half the time as the lady just quietly got on with her measurements, pausing at the end to tell us the gender. 

This time we had someone different and, as she went through each measurement, she told us what we were looking at and whether it was looking as it should. This made it all the more special for us, and we came away feeling like we had just had a thorough look at our child, rather than a bunch of identifiable static on the screen.

So now that we know the gender, it's about time we started properly thinking about names and digging out any of Bo's old sleep suits that aren't pink and frilly! And I think a trip to the shops to buy a new item or two just for him might be in hand!

For anyone out there who has had both a boy and a girl - did you find that there were any major differences between bringing up the two when they were very little? We are now, once again, stepping in to the unknown and I will be doing as much research as I can before he arrives!

I have added this post to the following wonderful linkies:
- BloggerClubUK on the Mudpie Fridays blog.
- A Blogging Good Time on the Diary Of An Imperfect Mum blog.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Congratulations! I only have one child yet, a daughter, so can't answer your question... yet! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Congratulations!

    #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how sonographers differ. I've experienced different ones too even though I was having two surprises. #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! I should imagine it differs depending on if they are having a good day or not as well!

      Delete
  4. I had our boys first and our little girl is the youngest. So the boys are her protectors for sure! It brings out their softer side. I think having a girl first then a boy that she will be your little mommy helper. Congrats!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be nice hehe I am definitely going to get her involved - bringing nappies etc so she can feel part of the moment. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Awww congrats! such exciting nnews :-) We've just had a boy (18 days ago) after having a girl first and its lovely having one of each, although we would have been just as happy with another girl.Its too early to really talk about difference beyond the obvious clothes differences and nappy changes ;-) but so far so good! Emily #BloggersClubUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! The nappy changes are something I am not looking forward to haha x

      Delete
  6. Awwww congrats!! Such exciting news - I had to find out I couldnt wait as I think its easier to plan though I would have been happy with either!!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete